How acne treatment from your dermatologist, can help you enjoy clear skin
When you have acne, it can dramatically affect your appearance, your self-confidence, and your self-esteem. You don’t have to put up with acne, because your dermatologist is an expert at acne treatment and can offer you relief from this troublesome skin condition.
The dermatologists at Shenandoah Dermatology & Aesthetics in Staunton, Afton, Raphine, Fishersville, and Waynesboro, VA, provide a wide range of dermatology services, including acne treatment to help you enjoy clear skin.
Acne is caused by dirt, bacteria, dead skin cells, and debris clogging your pores. It can become worse from certain foods, inadequate cleansing, and other factors. Acne comes in the form of whiteheads, blackheads, and painful cystic acne.
If you are tempted to leave your acne alone, that might be a mistake. It may take a long time to clear up on its own, and it may leave ugly acne scars behind. Visiting your dermatologist is a much better solution.
These are 5 ways your dermatologist can treat your acne:
- Over-the-counter or prescription cleansers and creams–these are an excellent choice for mild acne
- Oral and topical antibiotics–these are an excellent solution to kill underlying bacteria causing the acne
- Isoretinoin medication–this is a great choice to treat severe, cystic acne
- Laser therapy–this treatment uses heat and light to kill bacteria that causes acne
- Oral contraception–this is a very effective choice to treat acne caused by hormonal fluctuations
Facials and chemical peels can also be helpful to improve the general appearance of your skin, reduce pore blockage, and resurface your skin.
If you do have acne scarring, don’t worry. Your dermatologist can fade away scarring using chemical peels, laser therapy, and other methods.
To learn more about acne treatment and how it can help you enjoy clear skin, talk with the experts. Call the dermatologists of Shenandoah Dermatology & Aesthetics in Staunton, Afton, Raphine, Fishersville, and Waynesboro, VA, at (540) 885-4500. Call now.